Just a heads up about .odf files

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun May 20 16:07:37 UTC 2007

Rashid ul Islam wrote:

> On 18/05/07, WJ Seidl <wjsvt at sover.net> wrote:
>
>> ...document format standards in wide use today, such as PDF, .DOC, RTF
>> and HTML...
>

> Since when was .DOC a standard??
>
> Personally I'd rather see it with an international standards organisation
> rather than an American one...I dunno why but it being international makes
> me feel more secure :P

It makes no difference.  Generally ISO takes on standards already approved
at a national level.  Perhaps this is becoming less true as more
international consortiums are formed specifically to create a standard, but
it's still a perfectly valid approval path to get your national standards
agency to approve a standard and then forward it to the ISO.
--
derek