Always open Open Office in English

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 19:48:03 UTC 2007

On 19/05/07, Thilo Six <T.Six at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote the following on 19.05.2007 09:58:
> > Done, but I'm looking for a more general solution that will work in
> > other places as well.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
>
> Do you mean with "other places" other apps?
> Since you do not want to have your your desktop in the same language you will
> always rely on per app settings.

Yes, other apps. I guess the best all around solution that I've found
for most apps is a shell script wrapper in ~/bin. I can do other nice
things with that too, like adding the -zoom option to mplayer.

> But maybe have look at:
>
> man 1 locale
> man 5 locale
> man 7 locale

Of course I've consolted the 'man'. But I didn't know about 1, 5, and
7. Thanks for that.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/37/apple_fiona.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/gmail.html