Connecting to wireless in Kubuntu

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:24:47 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> Apparently?  It "Just Works" (TM).
>> Not on any PC I have installed up to now. Knetworkmanager ignores the
>> wired interface until you comment it out in some config file I cant
>> remember at the moment
>
> /etc/network/interfaces - but eth0 wasn't set up in
> my /etc/network/interfaces when I installed
I guess that if I choose not to set any network parameters or use dhcp
during install  it might happen. I did once comment out my eth0 in this
file and Knetworkmanager then picked it up. However, application found
it meaning Kmail would not work etc. So I went back to having wired
"outside" Knetworkmanager

sinclair