Kubuntu 7.0.4 and disk partition problem

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:18:41 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Luca <lucafbb at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The "New partition size" is the size you are going to make the windows
> > partition, not the Linux partition(s).
>

> I'm sorry to go back to this again... but I need to be absolutely sure of
> this:
>
> Is the "New partition size" the NEW size of my OLD partition?

Short Answer: Yes, I believe so.

Long Answer: Yesterday, I installed 32-bit feisty from the CD and I
believe what the installer wants you to do is resize the OLD partition
to make room for the NEW partition.   Thus, sliding the slider to 45%
would decrease your OLD partition to 45% of the drive and leave 55% of
the drive for the new install.  I can tell you this with 99.99736%
certainty, but, as with anything as important as resizing a partition,
make sure that if something goes wrong you have a backup of your
important data.

Andrew Jarrett
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0