No way to shutdown the computer via Kmenu?!?

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Wed May 16 20:40:22 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote the following on 16.05.2007 18:49:

> The options to Shutdown/ Restart Computer/ etc are all missing from
> Kmenu. The only thing there is Log Out. What must one do to have these
> options? I've been shutting down via "shutdown -[h|r] now" for the
> past two days and it's driving me nuts!
>
> Dotan Cohen

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.changes.feisty/8321

<-----------------------------------------------------------------
 kdebase (4:3.5.6-0ubuntu20.1) feisty-proposed; urgency=low
 .
   * Add kubuntu_96_gdm_logout_moved.diff ; the GDM control socket moved in
     7.04 and we need to use the new path.  This fix makes the "Reboot" and
     "Shut down" buttons reappear for people using GDM with KDE.
     LP: #64695.

bye Thilo
--
i am on Ubuntu 2.6 KDE