Dual boot Vista and Kubuntu

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue May 15 19:12:53 UTC 2007

Jisao wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007 11:17:04 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote

> > >I believe the limit on the number of logical's is 255 within an
> > > extended partition.
>
> IIRC, it is 63 logical partitions on an extended partition.

From <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning#Extended>:

Extended partitions are useful if you want more than four partitions on a
single physical drive. Technically, the number of logical drives is no
longer limited in later operating systems, but under Windows there is an
effective limit if they are to be assigned drive letters (only 24
letters, C: through Z:, are generally available. Later operating systems
may allow more drives to be mounted/accessed by using A-A:, A-B:, A-C:,
etc.).

Nils