kdesu - no answer

Alexander Smirnov smirnoff at mail.nnov.ru
Tue May 15 11:41:18 UTC 2007

Thank you for reply,

On Monday 14 May 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Sometimes, when i run kdesu it freezes:
> >
> > $kdesu -u username eclipse
> >
> > does not respose for hours :( The problem is not in application I run -
> > it happens with any application.
>
> ???  Very odd.  The only thing I can imagine causing that problem is that
> your "lo" interface is not up (check "ifconfig lo") but ...
I will look at ifconfig output when this happen again. Will return to this
thread later with details :)

> > When i run the same app via Alt+F2->Options->run as different user the
> > application executes
>
> I wouldn't expect that to work either, if my guess above was right :-(
> --
> derek

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to
Five 9, Inc. or its customers or partners. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard
copies of the message and any attachments.
Thank you for your cooperation.