KMail crashes

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Mon May 14 23:00:17 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> writes:

> John L Fjellstad wrote:
>
>> If you are using IMPAP, try to reindex your mail.  Right click on the
>> root IMAP folder and
>>
> hmmm... suspicious.  I wonder if KMail crashed :-)

Actually, I'm using Gnus for mailing lists :-)

I actually changed my mind because I realized that the OP probably
wasn't using IMAP and I thought I cancelled the post.  Guess I sent it
out instead.

In any case, to finish the sentence.  I had some problems earlier this
year with kmail crashing because of the indexing.  What I did was right
click on the root IMAP folder, trouble shoot the IMAP Cache, and then
rebuild the index (or refresh the Cache).  It will destroy your local
changes, but kmail won't crash again.

--
John L. Fjellstad