Kubuntu 7.0.4 and disk partition problem

Luca lucafbb at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:24:48 UTC 2007

Greetings

I'm trying to install Kubuntu 7.0.4 (Desktop CD) on a disk where WinXP is
already installed.
I've no partition ready for host the new linux OS, so I wanna use the
partition utility available during install.

My problem is this: I'm not very expert in the manual install and creation
of Linux partitions so I tried the "Automatic" option, where, with a slider,
I can choose the "New partition size".

If I read a label such "New partition size" I think that I'm going to choose
how big (or small) must be the new Kubuntu disk space!

So... why the slider only go from 100% to 43%? I wanna reserve only 15-20GB
to Kubuntu, not 38Gb like the 43% minimum I can choose...

There's something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Luca