.xsession-errors file

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri May 11 01:07:46 UTC 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 9:29 am, Art Alexion wrote:
> > If you start having issues with X-related stuff, then you can always
> > remove the link.
>
> At that point, it may be too late.

If your X is busted enough that you have to look at this file to figure out
why, it's too busted for you to cope with life without knowledge of the
command line anyway.  (The only time I can remember using it, I read through
it to figure out that X was busted because /home was full because of this
damn file, because of all that brain damaged Wacom crap in the default
xorg.conf file.)

> > It's a nice, no-fuss solution.
>
> a cron job is better.  Editing xorg.conf is better yet.

I like my solution, because it stays with my home directory, and I never have
to worry about Ubuntu's questionable decision, no matter how many times I
format/reinstall the system side.

But to each his own.  I've been coping with this file being symlinked
to /dev/null quite happily since January 9th, and the sky hasn't fallen in.
--
D. Michael McIntyre