Playing real player files

Terence Simpson stdin at stdin.me.uk
Thu May 10 16:46:39 UTC 2007

manchicken wrote:
> On Thursday 10 May 2007 18:28:58 Art Alexion wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 10 May 2007 09:56, Michael D. Stemle, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> I don't see this thread as being hijacked.  Mark's response to this
>>> problem--at least how I read it--seemed highly relevant.  It was
>>> addressing the problem of viewing/listening to RealPlayer content using
>>> MPlayer.
>>>
>> The "problem" being discussed in the thread was the uncontrolled growth of
>> the .xsession-errors file.  What does that have to do with using mplayer
>> for realplayer content?
>>

> Read the subject of the messsage.  The subject is "playing real player files."
> I understand that this may be showing up incorrectly in thunderbird, but
> that's hardly the fault of those posting, is it?  Please post a bug report if
> it is necessary, but this is most definitely not a thread on xsession-errors.
> It is a thread on real player files.

It's not incorrect in thunderbird, it's actually very correct and not at
all a bug.
Look at the message source of the 1st "Playing real player files" and
you'll see
So the message was a reply to "Re: .xsession-errors file"
It's a bug in every other email client if it's not shown as part of the
same thread.