Playing real player files

Mark Wallace newburghmark at yahoo.ca
Thu May 10 12:47:43 UTC 2007

I was able to play the following real player stream in MPlayer.

Install MPlayer and Mozilla Plug in for MPlayer.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/index.html

It takes longer for the file to start loading and playing than the Windoze edition of Real Player 10.5.  I don't know why.  Give it a full minute or two.

Real Player no longer seems to be available through the package managers, possibly because nobody can get it to work.

There is more than one type of real player files.  All types might not work this way.  You probably can't get the paid services this way.