Gnome-desktop from Kubuntu

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 9 10:05:18 UTC 2007

Hey I like these scripts....Im still learning the ropes and wish to understand
the code better,exactly what do the commands

grep -q OnlyShowIn=KDE $file

sudo su -c "echo 'OnlyShowIn=KDE' >> $file"

do to the files they process?

Also in this discussion overall....I have downloaded Ubuntu, then installed
Kubuntu afterwards several times, I get KATE rather than GEDIT as default in
my kubuntu.  Maybe just reinstalling (Adept: find package, right click,
reinstall) Kubuntu-Desktop after you have installed Ubuntu-Desktop will take
back the stuff that GNOME steals from KDE, such as KATE?

Larry