But for all of the problems......

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Wed May 9 09:49:23 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 10:24:44 Mark Wallace wrote:
> Then why can't it even agree on one desktop. Gnome or KDE?
>
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 09:20 +0100, SteVe Cook wrote:
> > Mark Wallace wrote:
> > > I think though that it is important for newcomers to see that Linux is
> > > not one monolithic program but is a serious of programs.  You wouldn't
> > > junk Windows because one video streamer didn't work well, so why do
> > > that with Linux?  You try to debug it or try another program.
> >
> > But Linux is one monolithic lump!
> >
> > steve

(please don't top-post)

Linux is the kernel, and it's not a monolithic lump.  It's got quite a bit of
flexibility to it.

As for using a single desktop, I think choices are better.  I prefer KDE, but
if others prefer GNOME or Xfce4 that's fine too.  There's no need for
such "holy wars."

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.