Opening archives in Konqueror

Gerhard Kremer gerhardusm2002 at yahoo.es
Tue May 8 18:52:17 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 17:18:25 Derek Broughton wrote:
> I've just realized that since upgrading to Feisty, konqueror no longer
> treats archives (.zip, .tgz and .tar.gz files) as if they were just another
> directory, and insists on opening them with Ark.
>
> I hate Ark!  How do I get Konqueror to behave properly, again?

	Take a look at the Kubuntu FAQ at http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php .
Specifically, under "How do I change Konqueror back to the default KDE
profiles?", it says:

	To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:
rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/

	I did it, and it works like a charm ;-)

	Cheers,

	- Urtzi -

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.