Finding WINS settings from Windows

WJ Seidl wjsvt at sover.net
Fri May 4 20:09:45 UTC 2007

From:
"Jose Gomez-Dans" <jgomezdans at gmail.com>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 13:21:48 +0200
To:
"Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi,
This is really a windowsy-network-related question, but does anyone
know how to find out the WINS server address in my network? Either
from Kubuntu or from Win2k. I need it for the samba configuration.

Cheers,
Jose

Jose:
In Windows (XP is about the same as 2000 in this, same general area)
Start > Network Settings (or Network Places) > Local area connection >
Internet Protocols
Then select TCP/IP and  hit the "Properties" button
In the Properties window that comes up, select the "Advanced" button and
in the window that opens
you will see a "WINS" tab

If that doesn't get you there, right click on "My computer", select
control Panel, and look for Network Connections
and select it.  From there it should be the same directions as above.
Hope that helps,
WJ Seidl