make a 'save as' of emails in Kmail and save in an KDE folder

Wolfgang Schuch w.schuch at ing-acotec.es
Wed May 2 18:10:26 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 19:37:07 Donn wrote:
> > kmail has a similar feature,
>
> To what? Bottom posting = confusion.
>
> > but How do i open this email after that
>
> After what?
>
> > i tried with konqueror and kmail and i can't open this file
> > and view it's contents (with kwrite i see the source of the email with
> > attachments in base64)
>
> If you have a mailbox (with > 1 email in it) then the simplest is to import
> it into kmail and then go look in your inbox tree and find it and bingo!
> there all the email is!
 I made a test: i made a 'save as' t an KDE-folder, then went to KMail File ->
import messages -> selected "import mxbox (UNIX,Evolution)" -> GO ->then
opened the home/.... files ->searched and selected the file to been opened -
click on "open" -> click on finish.

Later I found in the local folders of KMail a folder "MXBOX-....". I opened
this folder and there it was the email, including the attachments, which also
could be opened easily ...

> If you want to quickly view it on the command-line, try an app
> called 'uudeview' -- it will extract all attachments and save them along
> with the text in the same folder.
is there a way, using the grafic way, to install this app called 'uudeview'?
If yes, that would be the solution I've been looking for ...

for the moment thank you so much!