make a 'save as' of emails in Kmail and save in an KDE folder

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed May 2 15:41:46 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 10:12, Wolfgang Schuch wrote:
> I would like to know, if it is possible to make with KMail the same I made
> years before with windows: when I had an email in the Outlook, I made a
> 'save as' and saved the email in a 'Documents'-folder.
> When afterwards I went to that folder and clicked on that email, it opened
>   the Outlook and showed me what there was written in the email, even also
> the attachments could be opened. Also it was possible to 'answer' that
> saved email.
>
> I've tried to do so with the KMail, saving in the Konqueror, but the saved
> document resulted to be an 'MBOX', and I don't know how to open it, when I
> wish to do so.

In kmail, just do a "save as" with the message you want highlighted.  In
kmail, you can reopen the message by doing a "File->Open".  Problem is that
the "save as" command does not append an extension, and the "File Open"
dialog filters for an unknown extension ".eml & .msg" don't work.  It works
if you have the file name and start typing it.  Anyone know what extension
kmail wants?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @