KDE startup and wifi initialization under Feisty

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Mar 31 15:45:59 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 02:15, Larry Hartman wrote:
> I need to tweak a setting.
>
> When I log into KDE Korn, KWeather, Kopete, and Akregator all
> initialize prior to KNetworkmanager, causing multiple annoying advisory
> boxes to appear with messages like "unknown host" etc.  KNetworkmanager
> does work, I just need to make this application first in sequence
> compared to the other internet-based applications.  Can anyone advise?
>
> Larry

You could put the script below in the directory $HOME/.kde/Autostart and
make it executable. The script waits until the network is available and
then starts the applications needing the network. Please check the
filenames and paths because I don't have all your applications installed.

Nils

#!/bin/sh
until $(/bin/ping -c 1 www.google.com >/dev/null 2>&1); do
    sleep 1