memory stick question

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:49:20 UTC 2007

anthony baldwin said the following at 03/29/2007 12:21 PM :

> Now, I just ordered a new computer.
> I was going to just buy a mobo/cpu combo and upgrade this one,
> but, for the same price, I found a whole machine with the same CPU, etc.
> Now, when it arrives, it will have one 512mb stick.
> Do I have to precisely match that stick to add another?  It has slots

Well, you got several responses, and I'm going to give you another one:
look in the manual that comes with the computer, and do whatever it says.

I have a bunch of machines scattered around me as I write this, almost all
of which have been upgraded with extra RAM, and there is no one consistent
rule that applies to all those upgrades. In each case, I followed whatever
instructions came with the computer (or mobo).

  Doc