memory stick question

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at optonline.net
Thu Mar 29 18:21:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your help on the monitor...Looks great.

Now, I just ordered a new computer.
I was going to just buy a mobo/cpu combo and upgrade this one,
but, for the same price, I found a whole machine with the same CPU, etc.
Now, when it arrives, it will have one 512mb stick.
Do I have to precisely match that stick to add another?  It has slots
for two, and supports
up to 2gb.
I mean, would it work to add another 512mb stick, but not the same
brand, etc.?
And, what if I added a 1024 next to the existing 512?  Would that be bad?
I am inclined to believe that I need matching memory, but if I am wrong,
and these
other configurations are possible, I would like to know.
Likely, I´ll probably just buy two 1024mb sticks shortly, anyway, but, I
am curious.

tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com