acpi hibernate killing the sound

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Mar 28 13:59:03 UTC 2007

lacsilva at gmail.com writes:

> I have an Acer Aspire 1694 and I'm successfully using Feisty (kubuntu, by the way) for some weeks now. There are two main problems though:
>
> 1. After resuming from hibernation (acpi is working fine I guess) I
> lose the sound. This doesn't happen after a suspend.  I also get the
> suspend led blinking after resuming from hibernation. Again, no
> problem when resuming from suspend.

By hibernation you mean "to disk", right? -- so that kills your sound
but "to memory" doesn't.  Crazy.  Most people have it the other way
around.

> 2. ACPI reports countless events for each press of the lid button
> which makes the lidbtn.sh script to be executed that many times after
> reopening. The computer becomes almost response-less from several
> minutes up to hours depending on how long the lid was closed with the
> computer on.
>
> Any suggestions for this?

Both of those should be reported as bugs into launchpad.net against the
kernel.  Neither should be happening and both are almost certainly
hardware driver related issues one way or another.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/