After upgrade the sound system ceased to work

Olli Tammilehto olli at tammilehto.info
Mon Mar 26 09:06:18 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,
I am little disappointed that no one has replied to my message below.
Here I provide some additional information - maybe this makes answering
a bit easier.
    aplay -l -command gives the followind output:

card 0: V8235 [VIA 8235], device 0: VIA 8235 [VIA 8235]
  Subdevices: 4/4
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 0: V8235 [VIA 8235], device 1: VIA 8235 [VIA 8235]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It seems that my VIA-soundcard is installed twice. Is this the problem?
How could I correct it?

          Olli T.