SATA newbie questions

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sun Mar 18 14:19:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 03:37:07 Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> To show all installed packages:
>
> dpkg -l

Since this is Kubuntu, you have the KDE GUI package manager, Adept, installed.
I prefer dpkg because it is a lot faster and more direct, but
prompted, then wait for Adept to load. When it finishes, uncheck the option
box toward the top for "not installed."  Clicking on any item in the list
will produce details.

> If you want to search for particular installed package names, try e.g.:
>
> dpkg -l | grep xserver*
>
> There should be a better way to do this, but if so I don't know it.

Theres is, if you don't mind the GUI. Open Adept and type the name of the
package (or some part of it) in the dialog box.

Ron Morse