hosts file

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Mar 14 21:36:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 11:15 am, Lokeey wrote:
> if i want to add known hosts that i connect to on a frequent basis, i add
> known hosts to /etc/hosts, correct? or is there another file?

That's what I do, and you have the syntax right.  I've been meaning to come up
with a more clever way of keeping every computer on the same page with this,
because it's annoying having to juggle so many /etc/hosts files that have
different entries at the top.  I could set up a local DNS server or
something, maybe.  I don't know.  It's one of those things I contemplate
fixing while I'm in the middle of dealing with the bother, and then forget
about for six months, until I need to bother again.
--
D. Michael McIntyre