package that contains kernel source?

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:37:49 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 10:25:59 am D. R. Evans wrote:
> I'm probably going blind, but I can't see which package contains the
> kernel source for my system.
>
> uname -a:
> Linux homebrew 2.6.15-28-amd64-generic #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 1
> 15:53:41 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Where do I get the source for this kernel build?

If you want the actuall kernel source look for a package called linux-source.
The Kernel you have probably came in a package something like:
linux-image_2.6.15-28-amd64-generic.deb
So you want to look for a package that is similarly versioned such as:
linux-source_2.6.15.deb

Anyway these are not exact names but if you're looking in synaptic, or adept
it should give you enough to search with.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.