KDE and Virtual Desktop Size

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Mon Mar 12 02:50:22 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 10:27 pm, Larry Hartman wrote:
> Ok, got it figured out, kinda cool.

Here's another thing.  If you have both GNOME and KDE installed, and GNOME is
getting this right, how much time do you actually spend at the login screen
anyway?  Does it matter that much to use the off-color login manager?  You
can set GDM to be your login manager, and start KDE from GDM.  I misremember
all the details, but it's some /etc/alternatives thing I think.  The default
Kubuntu KDM is hacked up to look just like GDM anyway, except in blue instead
of brown.  The difference is pretty trivial; at least out of the box.
--
D. Michael McIntyre