AMD64 or i386 ?

Lokeey lokeey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:58:48 UTC 2007

I have a similar system...64x2 3800 and I'm running 32bit version instead of
64bit. just a pref of mine due to all the hacking required to get some
things working. i don't mind doing it, but after a while it becomes a pain.
also, not much of a difference to be honest with you. it runs just as well
on 64.

On 3/10/07, Guardian <samedkonak at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have AMD Anthlon 3800 [64-Bit]. So I have an Amd64 version of kubuntu on
> my
> system.
>
> But I could'nt take advanteges of my Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS yet, I tried
> install from source code by the file that I downloaded from Nvidia's
> site..
> (I could'nt solve init system)
>
> And the second question is; is there any advantege to use 64bit version of
> kubuntu than i386. I think to change my system to i386 version..
>
> thank you for your sharings..

"99 years and counting"