Adept Updater and Upgrade from Edgy to Feisty

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 10 21:39:06 UTC 2007

Hi Guys:

I am getting some curious activity on my Edgy distro with respect to my Adept
manager.  Adept recently went through a version upgrade.  After it was done,
the next time that the updater loaded and showed updates, at the conclusion
of the update session it notified me of a new Kubuntu version.

Even though I know that Feisty is still in RC5--as far as the website shows--I
clicked yes and it proceeded to download the upgrade software.  At the end of
the download it asked me to close the window at which time the new upgrade
software would exit Adept and load its own interface.  So when I closed the
window.....precisely nothing happened, Adept remained open and no other
software loaded.  When I closed Adept manually, nothing more happened.

I suspect that the development team is working hard to make an easy upgrade
from Edgy to Feisty, and that this program is a piece of that.  Have any
others experienced this, and if so, did it work as expected?

Larry
-eagerly awaiting stable Feisty