CPU temperature watching

Frédéric SCHAER fred.schaer at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 9 10:37:08 UTC 2007

Well,
Compiling is only required if you own a core 2 duo I think : it's thermal sensor support (associated with some new Winbond chip) has just been added and will be part of the 2.6.21 kernels... for now, it seems that those who have a C2D have to deal with that and patch their older kernel (I could find a pacth that is said to work on 2.6.17-2.6.19 kernels).

Concerning kernel compilation, I'm not really sure what's best : compiling a vanilla 2.6.20+ kernel (without Ubuntu patches ??), or recompiling  the kernel available in apt (kernel-source-2.6.17 ? No 2.6.17.11 ?), or using GIT (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelCustomBuild or https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelGitGuide)

Well, I'm going to (re)try one method... some day, when I find some time ;)

Cheers