dvd::rip and Kubuntu Edgy

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:27:33 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Graham wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:54:37 -0500
> > Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:

[SNIP]

It's possible that you have conflicts from all of the third party
> repositories.  To be sure it's an Ubuntu issue, reinstall and try before
> using any other repositories.  Alternatively, I'm not sure about:
>
> > deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy universe multiverse
> > deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports universe multiverse
>
> I would have thought it'd be:
>
> deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy universe multiverse
> deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports universe
> multiverse
>
> However, it doesn't seem to matter.
>
> [SNIP]

Hi!

That doesn't make a difference, as the default address is
http://archive.ubuntu.com ...

Perhaps try to use a "clean" version of sources.list (no extra repos,
without any additions) and do a dist-upgrade... just a thought, though...
Might be easier to try this before reinstalling....

Cheers

Philipp Bieber

--
"We need a president who's fluent in at least one language."
-- Buck Henry