error copying message to sent folder

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at optonline.net
Fri Mar 9 03:19:54 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

>anthony baldwin wrote:
>

>>For some reason, Mozilla is unable to copy sent messages to my ¨sent¨
>>folder.
>>(Appears to be sending msgs fine.)
>>I´ve never seen this before, and have made no alteration to Mozilla.
>>Anyone have further information?
>>

>I occasionally get that in Mozilla Thunderbird, but only for newsgroups.
>Exactly what happens when you send a message?  Do you get an error, or
>does the copy just silently not occur?

Well, here´s the weird thing:
When I send the message, the message apparently is sent, but it
hangs for a long time, displaying the dialog box with
¨copying message to sent folder¨.
Then, eventually, after maybe 5 minutes, I get an error message saying that
it could not successfully copy to said ¨sent¨ folder.
But, later, when I checked, the sent messages were, indeed, in the sent
folder.
And, this is only happening to one pop account (for my domain,
baldwinlinguas.com, my translator business).
It does not happen with my ISP provided account, nor for email on
another domain I own (photodharma.com,
my art and photo site).
Anyway, whatever was happening, it seems to have disappeared.
Weird...
These things have a mind of their own.

/tony

--