flac to mp3

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Mar 8 17:16:27 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 22:58, Jonathan Zeppettini wrote:
> I would recommend soundconverter or soundkonverter depending on
> whether you are using GNOME or KDE...
>
> On 3/5/07, Paul Kaplan <pkaplan1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Any recommendations for a program to convert a bunch of flac audio files
> > to mp3 format?

My recommendation would depend on whether you are planning on doing anything
else on the computer during the conversion.  The soundkonverter interface
can't be beat for batch conversions, but it will tie up your processor.  If
you plan on converting while doing other things, I recommend Perl Audio
Converter (sudo apt-get install pac).  You can only do one file at a time,
but it plays "nicely" with other processes.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @