dvd::rip and Kubuntu Edgy

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:26:14 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Graham <gct3 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:54:37 -0500
> Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> > Post your /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > Matt Flaschen
>
> Thanks Matt, here it is:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
> ## repository.
> ## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
> ## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
> ## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
> ## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any
> review
> ## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
> deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports main restricted
> universe multiverse deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/edgy-backports
> main restricted universe multiverse
>
> [SNIP]

This looks odd...
It should be just 2 lines (but might be wrong becaus of the GMAIL way of
breaking lines), but the lines must start with the "deb" part.
I'm not sure abut the /ubuntu/ part, but I'd leave it out...
Try this instead:

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ edgy-backports main restricted universe
multiverse
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ edgy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse

Cheers
Philipp Bieber
--
"We need a president who's fluent in at least one language."
-- Buck Henry