dvd::rip and Kubuntu Edgy

Graham gct3 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:38:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:05:46 +0100
"Phil Bieber" <philbieber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> You have to enable the Multiverse Repos. DVD::RIP is in there.
> Edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and add multiverse after every
> occurence of universe.

I should have made myself clear...sorry.

I have enabled the universe and multiverse repositories and added them
to my sources.list.  I use aptitude rather than apt-get from the command
line as my preferred download manager, and Synaptic rather than Adept
as my gui-frontend.

All of these recognise dvd::rip and transcode as being in the
repositories but there are dependency problems when installing them.
The dependencies are mostly libraries but these will not install when
doing

sudo aptitude -f install

I hope this gives others who might help me more information.

--

Graham