hibernating laptop

Malcolm Yates mdy at canonical.com
Tue Mar 6 17:25:42 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 09:47:19 pol wrote:
> <posted & mailed>
>
> My laptop 'suspend to ram' facility does not work well: sometimes
> my laptop recovers, sometimes the display stays black, although the
> system has restarted, user being able to remotely connect through
> an ssh session.

ah - one trick is to ctrl alt F1 and bring up a tty screen. When that is up,
ctrl alt F7 to get back to the desktop.  There are more things to try too ...

This a symptom / solution that keeps showing up on my ThinkPad T43 ..... as
well as double un-suspend requirements on occasions.

oh - I also use KDE on Ubuntu, not just vanilla Kubuntu and the video chip is
ATi mobile.

Malc

--
***** Please note the new mobile and home office numbers *****