ipw3945 not connecting on bootup

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:06:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 09:53, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Thanks Scott.  I have a "sort of" work around where I put
> > ifdown eth1
> > ifup eth1
> > in the rc.local file.  This runs after all the other startup files.  The
> > fact that this works makes me believe the network stuff is loading in the
> > wrong order.  I was just hoping that someone on the list had found a more
> > permanent solution.
>
> Howard,
>
> I had a similar problem ages ago with start-up scripts running in the wrong
> order. I went to the relevant /etc/rc*.d and changed the order numbers to
> reflect my needs.
>
> You can see how things work here:
> http://www.debianadmin.com/manage-linux-init-or-startup-scripts.html
> and also man update-rc.d :-)
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Morning Nigel.  I reloaded my laptop with Sidux, and apparently these guys
have something good going on.  I now have better sound (still a little
popping and stuff in games), and my Wireless starts up when the pc starts up,
and I can print to my Brother printer.  I'm going to install hotplug so that
I don't have to set and wait for the thing to realize the wired NIC isn't
plugged in.  We'll see how that goes.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.