A useful application for the windows key?

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:35:41 UTC 2007

On 3/5/07, Michel D'HOOGE <list.dhooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 04:37, Mark Kelly wrote:
> > It's a modifier key (like alt, ctrl etc) so I use mine to make app
> > shortcuts that (in my experience) won't interfere with anything else.
> In addition to this kind of shortcuts, I also always select "Default KDE with
> 4 modifier keys" in the "keyboard shortcuts" tab of the system settings. That
> 4th mod key IS the win key.
>
> In my early KDE days, I used to redefine my own shortcuts on all computers I
> worked with. But it was quite time consuming and error prone, so now I
> learned the default KDE ones and live with them :-)

I usually have the Windows key activate this shell script (makes me
feel like I'm beta testing windows vista again):

#!/bin/sh

That's it.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for people that run that script.
Rather, I do NOT suggest running that script EVER.  Why?

http://groups.google.com/group/linuxusersgroup/browse_thread/thread/d04aadfe3fffffb0?hl=en

--
It's not much, but it's what I call 127.0.0.1