A useful application for the windows key?

Andy aegoss at vicnet.net.au
Sun Mar 4 01:24:49 UTC 2007

> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:14:26 +0100
> From: Thomas Sperre <thcsp at online.no>
> Subject: A useful application for the windows key?
> To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> What can I do with the windows key on my keyboard? It is like it is jsut
> sitting there.....is it possible to map it to the k-menu like the windows
> key is mapped to the windows menu in windows? How?

The Windows key can be assigned from within applications. I use it in Kmail to
give me a quick way of changing the email header display so I can cut/paste
it when reporting spam - Win + s (standard) and Win + a (all). It is done in
Configure Shortcuts. I have not tried any other application as yet, but Kmail
can't be the only one.

--
Andy Goss