Kubuntu vs .Ubuntu

Kevin B. O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Sun Mar 4 00:01:46 UTC 2007

I am looking at the discussion about Dell offering (at some point)
computers with Linux pre-installed, and it seems that there is some
likelihood that Ubuntu might be one of the options. But I don't know if
that would include Kubuntu. I know I could just install it myself, but
the real issue for me is having drivers for all of the hardware (what I
really need right now is a laptop), and I would not want to take a
chance on having something not work. Would changing the desktop from
Gnome to KDE on an Ubuntu installation be identical to Kubuntu, or are
there other differences I should watch out for?

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik at zwilnik.com Linux User #333216