Acer Aspire 5101 Turion 64

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sat Mar 3 15:43:22 UTC 2007

Joan Tur wrote:
> Es Divendres, 2 de Març de 2007, en Nigel Ridley va escriure:
> | I checked on the web but couldn't find much in English :-( about installing
> | Linux on an Acer Aspire 5101 laptop (AMD Turion 64).
> |
> | Anybody had any joy in installing *ubuntu (or have any info about any Linux
> | distro) on this machine.
> At http://tuxmobil.org/acer.html you'll find a few 51xx entries (5100, 5102
> and 5112), that will probably match your hardware.
>
> Hope that helps  ;)

Thanks but I had already checked out what was there and, apart from a French
'link' (which, as far as I could tell, had nothing to do with the Acer laptop)
there wasn't any other useful information.
There was something on Linux Laptops [http://linux-laptop.net/] installing Debian
on an Acer Aspire 5102WLMi but the guy had some problems with sound and some other
things.
Another one
[http://linux-laptop.net/hosted/Fedora-Ubuntu-Acer-Aspire-5102WLMi.html] couldn't
even get any of the several distros that he tried to install.

So perhaps I will put up the extra cash and get a Lenevo - Kubuntu does install OK
on them - yes?

Blessings,

Nigel

--