labelmakers and linux

Graham gct3 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 16:15:29 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:27:28 -0600
Lokeey <lokeey at gmail.com> wrote:

> actually the one i have right now is okay, but i wanted one that i
> could use printing labels on my pc. i've never heard of gLabels?
> where can i can check that out?

It's got a web site with screenshots at http://glabels.sourceforge.net/

Its in the main Ubuntu repositories.  Its a Gnome app (but it runs ok
under KDE without too many Gnome dependencies).  Try doing in konsole:

sudo apt-get install glabels

If you want to go with Kbarcode, do the same, only install kbarcode
instead of install glabels.  Not too sure if you have to open the
universe and multiverse repositories (they are here).

Don't forget OpenOffice.com Writer and Abiword have label printing
facilities in them.

Just get a label printing progam you like  and your PC + printer should
do the job!

--

Graham