Starting "beryl-manager" at login

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Fri Jun 29 14:15:42 UTC 2007

Chris <kubuntu at eportel.com> writes:

> That's exactly what it reads "beryl-kde"
> Wow after this whole thing is over I'll have to study what we are doing
> here and try and extract how and what I did.  I have to learn this
> stuff,I just haven't got to this point yet in my studies.

OK, so we know that DESKTOP_SESSION variable is set and that beryl.sh is
called.
Now, add something in-between the if statement in beryl.sh, something
like this

if [ $DESKTOP_SESSION == "beryl-kde" ]; then
  echo "inside if - before" >> /tmp/log   # <-- new line
  /usr/bin/beryl-manager
  echo "inside if -after" >> /tmp/log     # <-- new line
fi

Make sure beryl-manager is actually at that path, type
which beryl-manager

> Thanks again John for sticking with me on this.

No problem.  Helping you actually help me remember how to do it. (the
old adage about learning by teaching)

--
John L. Fjellstad