kicker not loading: how do I troubleshoot?

Donatas G. dgvirtual at
Fri Jun 29 07:27:11 BST 2007

after some play with compiz in my Kubuntu Feisty kicker stopped loading. I do
not know if compiz and this problem are related - currently I dont use compiz
and kicker does not start anyway.

I would like to learn how to troubleshoot such problems, apart from cleaning
up my KDE configuration entirely.

- is there any kde startup log where I could search for information?
- any other problem solving methods?
- is there any script or directory of scripts that is responsible for
automatic startup of kicker and the other programs that must load during kde

Donatas Glodenis