Looking for other OEM's that Pre-install Kubuntu

Chris kubuntu at eportel.com
Wed Jun 27 22:19:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 17:08 -0500, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2007 04:11:43 pm Greg Booth wrote:
> > The other thing that's NOT in bold is that there's NO software support for
> > this.
> >
> > Only hardware support.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this means operating system or installed software only.
> >
> > Greg

> > > Hi Farid,
> > > I spoke with Dell about there efforts.  It's Ubuntu that will be
> > > installed on 3 models. 2 Desktops (XPS and Dimension) and a Laptop
> > > Thanks
> > > Chris
> > >

> > > --
>
> You can purchase support from Cannonical when you buy the PCs.  Its not that
> expensive from what I've heard.  However, if you are running a business you
> CAN'T buy a DELL with Ubuntu preloaded.
>
> BTW:  KDE can be easily added to Ubuntu through synaptic, adept, or just plain
> old apt-get.
>

> --
> See Ya'
> Howard Coles Jr.
> John 3:16!

Thanks Howard,
But my company manufacturers computers. I'm not looking for support from
an OEM...we are an OEM.  I'm looking for other OEM's in our feild to
share information with.  Mostly about producing PCs with Kubuntu
preloaded, but far more importantly, proven hardware, deployment of many
many systems at a time.  The OEM install in the Alt. Cd is a good start,
but not all that's needed.

Chris