Unable to hotsync Lifedrive wirelessly anymore

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 08:50:24 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if these two problems are related, but I had to buy a new
motherboard at the weekend as my old one failed and I thought everything
was working fine under Kubuntu 7.04.

On Monday I tried to sync with my Lifedrive over wi-fi using Jpilot, but
couldn't. Going into Konsole and typing:
pilot-xfer -p net:any -l
I was told it couldn't bind to that port.

This is when I looked in my network settings and realised I was on eth1 and
not eth0 as I had been on before.

So, how do I change back to using eth0 - the motherboard only has one
network connection - and if that doesn't solve the sync problem, how do I
get net:any working again?