Starting "beryl-manager" at login

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Tue Jun 26 06:32:20 UTC 2007

Chris <kubuntu at eportel.com> writes:

> How should I get the command "bery-manager" to run automaticly when I
> login to Kunbuntu...and how can I shut it down automaticly when I log
> out, before the machine shuts down?

I have these files:
Put this file in ~/.kde/Autostart (I called it beryl.sh)
#############
#!/bin/bash

if [ $DESKTOP_SESSION == "beryl-kde" ]; then
        /usr/bin/beryl-manager
fi
#############
Make it executable

Put this file as beryl-kde.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions
#############
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Beryl-KDE
Comment=This session starts KDE using beryl as window manager
Exec=/usr/bin/startkde
Icon=
Type=Application

You now have an entry for Beryl-KDE in KDM sessions.  Choose Beryl-KDE
to start up beryl-manager.  Choose KDE to start up "normal" KDE

--
John L. Fjellstad