Terminal Syntax

Ian Whitfield whitfield at federalsaints.net
Mon Jun 25 07:43:25 UTC 2007

Hi all - Me again (as I said still lots to learn... Wish the book I
ordered would arrive!!!)

Can someone help out with the syntax in a terminal? I want to try and
test run a Windows program I use under Linux as the Linux equiv is
missing one key feature I need. So I have loaded Wine to do this.

Looking up how Wine works I can find no way of running directly from the
CD so I created a folder and copied the contents of the CD to this
folder. I understand I now have to open a Terminal, CD to the folder and
run the EXE.

I can see the folder and it's path (/Home/Ian/Max Folder) in Konq but in
the terminal window I can only CD to Home! Whatever I try it says "no
such folder". I have tried every variation of Syntax I can think of!

Why can I see it but not CD to it???

Thanks as always
--
* Ian Whitfield*/* */*