Asus Eee - maybe with Kubuntu?

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:02:26 UTC 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007 04:06:27 am Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Any comments? It's got a starting price of $199
>
> ASUS Introduces All-New Eee PC for Complete Mobile Internet Enjoyment
> - and it runs Linux :-) maybe possible to install Kubuntu on it?
>
> http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=7317
> and:
> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/06/asus_shows_wee_eee_pc/
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel
>
> --
> OliveRoot Ministries
> http://www.oliveroot.net/
>
> PrayingForIsrael.net
> http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Display:7"
CPU & Chipset: Intel mobile CPU & chipset
OS: Linux/ Microsoft Windows XP compatible
Communication: 10/100 Mbps Ethernet; 56K modem
WLAN: WiFi 802.11b/g
Graphic: Intel UMA
Memory: 512MB, DDR2-400
Storage: 4/ 8/ 16GB Flash
Webcam: 300K pixel video camera
Audio: Hi-Definition Audio CODEC; Built-in stereo speaker; Built-in microphone
Battery Life: 3hrs (4 cells: 5200mAh, 2S2P)
Dimension & Weight: 22.5 x 16.5 x 2.1~3.5cm, 0.89kg

The "OS:" part would tell me that you can install either OS you have a license
for.  However, the max of "16GB" would cramp most folks style with Kubuntu,
but I bet its possible.

This sounds like something that'd be great for the kids!  Actually, now that I
think about it, there's lots-o-things this little laptop could do for general
use.

Of course the spects never list what distribution of Linux is put on the
thing.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.