help me please

dicky s woi_dik at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 08:29:38 UTC 2007

hi,im totally new in linux. i installed kubuntu a week
ago, but i met a trouble: i cannot turn off my PC. i
click log out, then click turn off, soon the monitor
turns black and displays several lines seems like it
informs what the system do at that time.the last line
write will now halt, but my PC never turn off. when i
press power button, still it cant turn off, instead,
it continue writing in monitor, lines of message that
i cant understand,but my pc still on. can somebody
help me? thanks before.